My Photo
Name:
Location: Doncaster, United Kingdom

I am a professional singer and teacher. I am part of an academy which teaches both singing and performing live.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Long time no see

I feel like it was two minutes since last spring and I have been away from my plot except to deliver fresh vegetable peelings to the compost bin. The Asparagus I planted looks like it is in a bed of cement and I feel doubtful that it will grow. My husband has taken enough nagging and finally started to build me some raised beds and levelled the soil. I have bought loads of seeds and feel that this year will be more organised and productive.
The kids are a year older and hopefully I wont be picking up a screaming toddler out of the manure by the ankle.
The shopping bills have been massive due to the large orders of vegetables and I cant wait to be taking my food home again in a bucket. There is something really magical about it all.
I am going to plant some flowers this year to brighten the plot up a bit and make it a bit girly.

2 Comments:

Blogger chris cyprus said...

Hi Belinda,
I love your story! I am also a singer in a band, and have just taken a plot on the local allotment. I found you looking for tips about broccoli! how bizarre. I am an artist(painter) during the day and i can just see the plots from my studio, how great is that! Have a look at my allotment paintings at www.chriscyprus.com and listen to my band at www.myspace.com/weathermusic Do you have a myspace page?? Hope you have a good crop this year!
Chris.

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi

nice blog..more pics please of this year

annie
Harrow

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home